That envelopes two
That one percieves as hunger
And the other as food
I wake in tangeled covers
To a sash of snow,
You dream in a cartoon garden
I could never know
Innocent imitation of how it would be
If one the music entered, you did not retreat
In my imagination, you are cast in gold
Your image a compensation for me to hold
- Comprehend the metaphysical concepts which support the Yoga Philosophy like the Purusha and Prakriti, Budhi (Mahat) and Ahamkar, etc.
- Understand the meaning and relevance of Yoga as a way to spiritual ascent of man via physical and mental integration.
- Understand different types of Yoga – The Ashtang Yoga, the Jnana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and other modern off-shoots.
- Understand the socio-psychological basis lending to a dynamic transformation of personality.
- Understand the scientific basis and therapeutic values of Yoga.
UNIT I : METAPHYSICAL BASIS OF YOGA
- Concept of Purusha (pure consciousness) and Prakriti as basic components of cosmic reality.
- Concept of Budhi (Mahat) and Ahamkar (The Ego) as basic components of Prakriti of the individual.
- Further sub-divisions of Ahamkar-Mana (the mind), Karmendris, Jnanendris and Tanmatras (the Suksham Sharir)
- Nature of knowledge and knowledge getting process – the 'Pramanas'.
- The meaning and definitions of Yoga
- Yoga as a way to healthy and integrated living
- Yoga as a way to socio-moral upliftment of man
- Yoga as a way to spiritual enlightenment Atmanubhuti Pratykshanubhuti
- Ashtanga Yoga of Patanjali
- Janana Yoga, Bhakti Yoga and Karma Yoga of Bhagwadgita
- Integral Yoga of Aurobindo and modern off shoots of Yoga
- Characteristics of a practitioner of Yoga
- The Five Vamas (observances)
- The Five Niyamas (abstinences)
- Asans – The right postures
- Pranayam – controlling the senses
- Pratyahara – controlling the senses
- Dharana (concentration) and its methods
- Dhyana (meditation) and its kinds
- Samadhi – its various types
- Yoga and Bio-feedback
- Therapeutic values of yoga
- Different Asans and their effects to promote a sound physical and mental health
- Dhyana, and its therapeutic value
(i) Survey of Yoga Kendra(s)
(ii) 5 Meditative & Curative Asans
(iii) Behavioural Statement of Yam and Niyam
CAPRICORNS AND CAPRICORN RISINGS!
Acting rashly now is not going to get you anywhere.
This is the most crucial moment to
be calm, patient and let your life unfold
Sure you're angry
but you got yourself into this mess
and you'll get yourself out.
Just don't jump the gun.
And to some extent
that goes for the rest of us.
Pluto in Capricorn
is acting on wherever you have Saturn in your horoscope.
(Astrologers, check that out.)
And wherever your Saturn is
you tend to clutch too soon.
Wake up, yes.
The fear and panic thing: Stop that business right now.
We can't say who should be blamed for it
Whether it's the greedy manipulators
some wealthy Cabal out to control the world
or the Reptoids from Planet X.
Most likely it's just time to wake up to a new era in the world.
We call it Pluto in Capricorn.
People are staggering around
as if they've just crawled out of a train wreck.
They crawl away
not sure it even happened.
This is real.
But it's just another illusion of reality
and there is absolutely no reason to panic or think you're done for.
Pluto in Capricorn will present a new set of problems to be solved.
And they will get solved.
Not by pretending it's not happening.
Not by hanging yourself.
It's just another cat's cradle.
Now you have to figure out a new solution with changed options
As to me, I know of nothing else but miracles,
Whether I walk the streets of Manhattan,
Or dart my sight over the roofs of houses toward the sky,
Or wade with naked feet along the beach, just in the edge of the water,
Or stand under trees in the woods,
Or talk by day with any one I love--or sleep in the bed at night with
any one I love,
Or sit at table at dinner with my mother,
Or look at strangers opposite me riding in the car,
Or watch honey-bees busy around the hive, of a summer forenoon,
Or animals feeding in the fields,
Or birds--or the wonderfulness of insects in the air,
Or the wonderfulness of the sun-down--or of stars shining so quiet
Or the exquisite, delicate, thin curve of the new moon in spring;
Or whether I go among those I like best, and that like me best--
mechanics, boatmen, farmers,
Or among the savans--or to the soiree--or to the opera,
Or stand a long while looking at the movements of machinery,
Or behold children at their sports,
Or the admirable sight of the perfect old man, or the perfect old
Or the sick in hospitals, or the dead carried to burial,
Or my own eyes and figure in the glass;
These, with the rest, one and all, are to me miracles,
The whole referring--yet each distinct, and in its place.
To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle,
Every square yard of the surface of the earth is spread with the same,
Every foot of the interior swarms with the same;
Every spear of grass--the frames, limbs, organs, of men and women,
and all that concerns them,
All these to me are unspeakably perfect miracles.
To me the sea is a continual miracle;
The fishes that swim--the rocks--the motion of the waves--the ships,
with men in them,
What stranger miracles are there?
"There are very many things I would like to say to you, but i've lost my way and I've lost my words. There are very many places I would like to go but I can't find the key
to open my door.
The weight of my words- you can't feel it anymore. The weight of my words- you can't feel it anymore.
There are very many ways I would like to break the spell you've cast upon me. Because all the time I sacrificed myself to make you want me, has made you hant me.
The weight of my words- you can't feel it anymore... "